One Way Travel Insurance
For over twenty years, DU Insure (Down Under Insurance) have been in the business of providing travel insurance to a wide variety of travellers, many of whom have been travelling one way into, or one way out of, the UK.
We are market leaders in providing One Way Travel Insurance and Emigration Insurance, so that our customers who are departing from these shores can obtain great cover at reasonable prices to cover them on a trip to their final destination.
Moving abroad can mean that people enjoy a fresh start, opening themselves up to new possibilities. DUInsure Travel Insurance has been providing policies to emigrants for the last twenty years, and we have a good reputation for providing people with exactly what they need. We understand what a huge step moving abroad involves, and this is why we are confident that our coverage will be well worth considering for those looking for one way travel insurance.
One Way Travel Insurance Explained
One way travel insurance is used by people who are going abroad for longer than a regular holiday. In many instances, the individual will be moving abroad indefinitely or for periods of a year or more. It is called one way travel insurance because the individual will usually only buy a one way ticket to their destination. We provide policies for people moving into or out of the UK. You can purchase the policy so long as you are currently residing in the UK, and you will be eligible for this type of insurance even if you never intend to return to the UK in the future.
The type of customer who will buy this type of policy will include:
- British citizens who are emigrating abroad
- British citizens who have a long term working visa to work abroad for a certain length of time
- Australians and New Zealanders who are returning home after a period spent living in the UK
- People who intend to be travelling long term in Africa, the Americas, Asia, South East Asia, or Europe
- Those individuals who plan to leave the UK but have no idea about when they will be returning
- Extend your travel insurance whilst you are abroad - up to 18 months insurance available.
- Cover for worldwide destinations - so you can begin your journey in one country and move to another with no issues.
- Policies tailored to long term travellers and those looking to emigrate abroad.
DUInsure are market leading specialist in one way and emigration travel insurance.
If you are looking for a travel insurer that can tailor a policy to your needs, why not try us today?
What is Covered by One Way Travel Insurance?
Our comprehensive policy covers all the things that you need, including:
- If you have a medical emergency and require repatriation, you will be covered up to £10 million
- Your personal luggage is covered up to £1,500
- If you need to stay in hospital you will be covered from £15 to £900 per day
- If your cash is lost or stolen, you will be covered up to £300 (this is £75 if the insured individual is under 18 years of age)
- If your luggage is delayed for more than 12 hours, you will be able to claim up to £100
- If your belongings are lost or stolen you will be covered up to £1,500
- Additional and travelling and accommodation costs of up to £2,000
- Cancellation, Curtailment & Trip Interruption up to £3000
- Personal liability up to £2 million
- Hijack £100 per day up to £1000
- £10,000 in the case of death
- £30,000 in the case of a loss of a limb or eyesight
- £30,000 in the case of permanent total disablement
- £5000 to cover a catastrophe
One Way Endorsement on your Travel Insurance
It costs you nothing to add the one way endorsement on your travel insurance – you just have to tell us that you want it. This is an option that is not offered by many other insurers, but it means that if you need to be repatriated you will be taken back to your final destination country and not the UK. It also means that if you should need to make a claim on your policy you will be able to do this where you are without any need to return to the UK.
Moving abroad is not an undertaking that should be taken lightly. By choosing the right type of one way travel insurance you can rest assured that you will be protected in the event of trouble. It is always the hope that things will run smoothly with a move or long-term travel, but things can and do go wrong; if they do, you will be glad you have insurance. Even if you never need to make a claim, at least you will have the peace of mind of knowing that you have provided yourself with adequate protection.