Frequently Asked Questions

Am I eligible to purchase cover?

As long as you are currently UK residing in the UK and are aged between 18-55 then you should be able to purchase cover. If you have already travelled, but plan to return to the UK at the end of your trip, you may be able to obtain cover from us using our Overseas Application or Extension form available from our office.


I have a medical condition would it be covered?

Pre-exisiting medical conditions are not covered as standard but we offer a medical screening service where you can include medical conditions to your cover at an additional premium.


I have been staying in the UK but will be travelling home to my country of residence- can you cover me?

We offer one way insurance that covers you from the UK and ceases upon arrival in your final destination.


I am leaving the UK permanently- is there any cover that you can provide for that?

We offer an Emigration policy which covers you on your journey to your new destination country and once there can provide cover for 1,2,or 3 months, giving peace of mind to set yourself up in your new home.


Can I work whilst I am away?

We can provide cover for certain types of work and the full details of these are in our terms and conditions.


I am travelling and I am not sure if the area I am going to is covered?

The Foreign and Commonwealth office advises on the areas we can provide cover for. If the FCO advises none but essential travel to a Country or area within a country then we would not be able to provide cover. We would always suggest that you check the travel advice page on the FCO website.


What should I do if I become unwell or have an accident whilst away?

You should contact the Medical Emergency team in the event you are admitted to hospital,incur expenses in excess of £500 or require evacuation or cancellation. Always carry your insurance certificate with you so the facility you are taken to can find it in the event you are unable to provide details. If you need to see a Doctor whilst away make sure you keep all receipts from payments made in order to claim back the costs if they are over the Excess amount (which is the amount you are liable to pay in the event of a claim).


What sports and activities are covered?

We cover many sports and activities as standard under our policies, the full list is in the policy wording document and if in the first column it states declare to Downunder “no” then it is covered if however it states “yes” then we may still be able to cover you but at an additional premium.


How does an Annual Multi trip policy work?

Annual multi trip policies are a cost effective way of providing cover if you plan to make more than one trip in the year out of and returning to the UK. You can choose the trip duration which suits your requirements and can use the cover as many times as you wish during the insurance period.


Am I too old to purchase cover?

Unfortunately with our policy terms and conditions we do have an age limit of up to 56years.

1 week from
1 month from
North America
3 months from
1 year from
Downunder Insurance UK
Opening Hours – 9am to 5:30pm Monday – Friday
Phone – 0800 393 908
Outside UK – +44 (0) 207 402 9211

©2019 Downunder Insurance.

The Travel Insurance available herein is arranged by Downunder Insurance Services Limited with URV, Branch Office of Union Reiseversicherung AG for the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland Registered in England & Wales, Company No: FC024381, Branch Number BR006943, a public body corporate with limited liability. Registered Office: Maximilian Strasse 53, D-805330 Munich, Germany. Registered Number: HRB 137918

Union Reiseversicherung AG are authorised in Germany by BaFin and subject to limited regulation in the United Kingdom by the Financial Conduct Authority and in the Republic of Ireland by the Insurance Regulator. Administered in the United Kingdom and Ireland by Travel Insurance Facilities plc. Registered Office: 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Registered in England, Registered Number: 3220410. Travel Insurance Facilities plc are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Travel Administration Facilities, Travel Claims Facilities and Emergency Assistance Facilities are trading names of Travel Insurance Facilities plc.

Downunder Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Our FCA Register number is 306618.