Europe is a wonderful destination for people looking for a bit of adventure. If individuals enjoy things on the edge, they will find plenty of extreme sports to get their adrenalin pumping. It is possible to visit any country in Europe and find adventure sports, and below we list just some of the best options:
- Canyoning is one of the most interesting adventure sports around because there is just so many activities involved in this; these can include hiking, abseiling, climbing, swimming, and jumping. Some of the best canyoning in Europe is located in France near the Southern Alps – there are easy and hard canyons to be found in this part of the world.
- Cycling tours in Italy are one of the nicest possible ways to explore this country. It is possible for people to join in an organised tour, or they can just travel solo. There are plenty of cycling books available especially focussed toward Italy, but almost all the information people need can be found for free online.
- One of the most exciting adventures available in Europe is to hike the Camino De Santiago (aka the Way of Saint James) in Spain. Pilgrims have undertaken this walk for hundreds of years, and it involves hiking for 500 miles. It was recently featured in a hit movie called ‘The Way.’ There is no better way to see Northern Spain than to walk this path, and it really is a fabulous adventure.
- One of the best bungee jumps in the world is to be found in Zuid, Holland. Here there is a sixty-metre jump above the North Sea – this is not something that is recommended for the fainthearted.
- Interlaken in Switzerland deserves its reputation for one of the best places in Europe for adventure sports. There is a lot to choose from here, including river rafting, climbing, skiing, bungee jumping, sky diving, ice gliding, and paragliding. If you are looking for adventure, you really cannot go wrong in Interlaken.
- If people are looking to really get their adrenalin pumping, they might choose the London Parachute Club. These guys are the best choice in the UK for freefalling skydives, and they are able to cater to all levels of experience, from the complete beginner to the more competent skydiver. Jumping out of a plane is one of the most exciting things that people can ever do.
- Some of the best skiing in the world is to be found in Europe. Most of the best ski resorts are located in the Alps, but there are also some great skiing opportunities in the Scandinavian countries – Lapland is particularly good in this regard.
- The Matterhorn in Switzerland is one of the most challenging mountain climbs in the world. This is the birthplace of mountain climbing, and it is the place to go if people want to enjoy this sport on the continent. There are many organised mountain climbing tours from which to choose.