The 5 Most Expensive Holiday Destinations in the World Published: 12/03/2012
If you have plenty of spare cash you won’t mind spending a lot of money on a holiday. One of the great advantages of going on an expensive holiday is that you get to enjoy an experience that few other people will be able to afford. As well as the exclusivity, this type of holiday often involves a high degree of pampering and luxury. Here are the 5 most expensive holiday destinations in the world.
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
This group of islands in the Pacific Ocean is like a little piece of heaven right here on Earth. This is also home to the most luxurious resort accommodation anywhere – you can expect to pay about £600 per night just for your room. The surrounding ocean is warm and inviting, and full of all kinds of exotic wildlife, and the beaches are absolutely perfect without a grain of sand out of place. These resorts are also able to provide every type of luxury and comfort so you can really live like a king here.
Soufriere, St Lucia, Caribbean
Soufriereis located on the west coast of St Lucia. It is the most stunningly beautiful part of the island and also the most expensive to stay (expect to pay at least £300 per night). This place attracts many celebrities and Mick Jagger from the Rolling Stones has a home here. The two local volcano plugs are UNESCO world heritage sites.
Singapore is one of the most expensive cities in the world to visit, but it is well worth the expense. This city is ultra modern, but it also manages to hold onto to traditions of the different groups that make up the population. This was once a British colony, and there is still plenty of evidence left of this. It is possible to visit Singapore on a reasonable budget, but if you really want to enjoy this city you have to be prepared to send a lot of cash.
Monte Carlo, Monaco
There are probably few locations in the world that are as associated with luxury as Monte Carlo. The principality of Monaco is where the rich and famous love to flock to and it has been their playground for at least a century. Monte Carlo also hosts some of world’s major sporting events and even the rich can find it difficult to find accommodation at these times.
Oslo is one of the most expensive cities in the world to visit. It can be difficult to find any accommodation under £100 and most places will charge significantly more than this. It isn’t just hotels that are expensive here either – a bottle of water can cost as much as £5 in a shop. Oslo is certainly an interesting city to visit though, and if you have the money you will be able to experience something that few other people will be able to afford. If you really want to be pampered during your trip this will be possible as well, but it will cost you.
Expensive Hotels - Luxury at a Price
Of course, when you get to the most expensive destination, you will be expecting plenty of pampering and luxury. Nothing but the best will do, and with this in mind, here are some suggestions for where you might like to stay on this type of holiday:
- InterContinental Le Moana in Bora Bora has rooms available for as little as £500 per night. This resort can be found to the south of the island and guests get their own little bungalow that is located on one of their private white sand beaches. As you might expect, the facilities in this resort are excellent and guests get to enjoy a great deal of pampering during their stay.
- Jade Mountain Resort is a 5-star luxury resort located in Soufriere, St Lucia. There are just 24 suites available here, so it is important to book ahead to avoid disappointment. Their policy in regards to pricing seems to be that if you need to ask how much, you probably cannot afford to stay. All the rooms in this resort are large and offer a nice view of the beach. They also have one of the nicest swimming pools in St Lucia.
- The Marina Bay Sands Hotel in Singapore is the one to choose if you are look for a great view and 5-star service. It costs about £450 per night to stay here, and you get to enjoy the best swimming pool in the world – it is located on the very top of this 55-storey building and it is 650 feet wide. Guests at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel get to enjoy some stunning views of the city. There is also a canal inside the hotel and one of the best casinos in Singapore. There are 10,000 employees at this hotel, so every guest is going to be looked after very well.
- The Hotel Metropole Monte Carlo is the best five star hotel to visit if you are going to be in this part of the world. If you want to have the best possible luxury experience, you might want to choose the Carre d'Or Suite in this hotel – this will set you back about £5000 per night. The Hotel Metropole is a very traditional luxury hotel, and it has the same style as something from a hundred years ago when they really knew how to pamper people. This is a hotel with a great deal of character and a stay here is certainly something to boast about.
- The Grand Hotel is one of the best places to stay in Oslo. It is located right in the heart of town, so it is ideal for visiting the local attractions. It usually costs about £300 a night to stay here for a decent room, but they do sometimes have cheaper rates. If you want to get the best experience in this hotel you will need to be willing to pay a bit more for the luxurious suites – it will be worth it.
Posted in: Travel Destinations