If you really want to see Australia, one of the best ways to do so is to go on a working backpacker holiday. There are a number of good reasons to choose this option including:
- Unless you are rich, you are likely going to need to raise plenty of money to be able to enjoy your touring around Australia. Working while you are there is one good way to get your hands on some cash.
- By getting a job while you are there, it should mean that you would be able to stay there longer. It is usual for people on this type of working holiday to stay in Australia for a year or two.
- If you really want to get to know this country, the best way to do this can be to get a job there. It will introduce you to a new side of life, and you will likely make friends with some of the locals. It is much different working in a country to just holidaying there, so this should be an unforgettable experience.
- You will be able to use the money you save while in Australia to finance your travels elsewhere in the world. It is common for people to work for a year in Australia, and then use this money to finance a long trip to South East Asia.
- It will look good on your CV.
How to Find Work in Australia If You Are a Backpacker
Thousands of people every year now finance their travel in Australia by working there. It is relatively easy to pick up work once you have the required visa. If you have a profession such as nursing, it can be even easier to get the appropriate paperwork – the other nice thing about this type of profession is that there are fewer age restrictions. There are now many services that can sort you out for a visa and work once you arrive in Australia, but this is stuff that you can all do for free. Here are a few tips to help you find work:
- It is important to keep in mind that while you are on holiday, it is still important for you to take your job seriously. There are now many employers in Australia who will not touch backpackers with a barge poll because they have a reputation for being unreliable. It is important that you enjoy your time in Australia but take your job seriously.
- Some people will turn up for job interviews dressed inappropriately – some even have beach clothes on. It is vital to remember that this will almost certainly prevent you from getting work.
- There are agencies to help you find work, but they will not be doing this out of the goodness of their heart. You will probably make more money by just getting your own jobs and making your own visa arrangements. Of course, if this is too much hassle for you then you may not mind handing over cash to these agents.